These love heart crayons are perfect for activities linked to Valentine’s Day. Not only are they incredibly easy to make, your little ones will love the novelty of drawing with something out of the ordinary. They really are a lot of fun!
My children had lots of little end bits of crayon left over, so I thought this would be a great way to make use of them. You can also use them to give out as inexpensive party favours.
How To Make Love Heart Crayons
You will need:
- Crayons – with any paper wrapping removed.
- Love heart silicone moulds – I used smaller moulds, but you can use larger heart moulds if you wish.
These love heart crayons are so easy and quick to make, simply:
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Use left over crayon ends or break crayons into pieces.
- Place the crayon pieces into the love heart moulds, ensuring the moulds are filled slightly over the line.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper and place the silicone mould on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until the crayons have fully melted.
- Remove the tray from the oven and leave the moulds to cool and harden. I placed mine in the fridge and they were fully hardened in about 20 minutes.
Fun Valentine’s Day Activities For Young Children
If your planning on creating some Valentine’s Day play activities for your children then check out these fun ideas:
- Placing paper and love heart crayons in a tuff tray and letting the children be creative.
- Using love heart crayons as counters.
- Hiding love heart crayons in coloured rice for children to find, then counting how many they have found. Find out how to make coloured rice here.
- Giving out love heart crayons as party favours.
To help you find useful products that I recommend, this post contains Amazon affiliate links.